2001 Volkswagen Passat Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Volkswagen Passat
- How do I repair a leak on the underside of my car?
- My car is making a breathing sound like it is on life support.
- Im from Norwalk Connecticut. Id like to get my a s e certification. Ive been a t
- Does this engine have problems with the oil pump pick up clogging?
- Does a 2001 passat with a 1.8L turbo have problems with the oil pump pick gettin
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2001 Volkswagen Passat Problems
The anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module may fail causing the ABS light to illuminate. Failed modules should be replaced to restore ABS operation.
The digital display portion of the instrument cluster may fail. Our technicians tell us the entire instrument cluster will need to be replaced to correct this concern.
2001 Volkswagen Passat Questions
A week ago I noticed water bubbling and pooling on the floor behind my driver seat. The water was clear; it had been raining that day and I'm assuming water was being thrown up into my car. I was able to soak up the water and dry it up completely with a fan. While doing so, I noticed a dep...
It sounds like air is escaping from something
This vehicle is getting no oil to the camshafts and lifters. Its very noisy. If you bring the rpm up it will quite down. The oil change history of this car is poor. Is this a noted problem on this engine?
2001 Volkswagen Passat Recalls
The heat shield may become damaged and the fuel line/fuel tank ventilation valve may fracture and leak. Both of these conditions are potential fire hazards. Dealers will install an additional underbody heat shield and inspect and replace affected fuel components.
Volkswagen has recalled certain 1998 Cabrio, 1997-1999 Jetta, and 1998-2003 Passat models because the fuel tank filler neck can suffer abrasion damage if the rear tire goes flat and the vehicle is driven until the tire disintegrates. This may lead to fuel leakage, which can result in a fire. Depending on the model, there are different solutions to the problem. Contact Volkswagen at 1-800-822-8987 for more information.
2001 Volkswagen Passat Reviews
I get unsolicited comments from people on what a good looking car I have...why is that? I don't know but it is good looking and of course I would say that. I bought it for $3600 with 170,000 miles. It's one of the best driving cars I've ever owned and has all the right creature comforts. I hope it runs forever...the turbo is sweet and the Monsoon audio is better than my living room stereo. I ...
I bought this car in 2005 with 42,000. I paid $17,200. I now have 160,000 miles and it has been a fabulous car. I replaced the timing belt at 90,000 and the brakes at 120,000. I have replaced summer tires once and just bought my second set of snow tires. The car rides like new. Tight steering, smooth and quiet ride. Plenty of power. Since day one it has been prone to leaking a little oi...
I thought this car was amazing when i bought it. It got the new body style, all the options, and 106,000 miles for 8,400 dollars. I had my nice car for the first time ever, and then started realizing just how horrible of a car it was. It had a lot of perks and nice things about it. But all those things hid the fact that the car was expensive to fix, and wasn't worth much. The steering was givin...