1993 Volkswagen Passat Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Volkswagen Passat
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1993 Volkswagen Passat Problems
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Ignition wire breakdown is common, resulting in misfires.
1993 Volkswagen Passat Questions
my car will start and then turn off and i think it's the fuel pump but im not sure
the transmission oil level is good but it acts like it slides into gear instead of a shift
is the problem due to a vaccum
my email is email@example.com
1993 Volkswagen Passat Recalls
The lock nuts used to hold the left and right front axles to the suspension struts may not have been properly manufactured. The lock nuts may break and cause the suspension struts to separate from the axle, which may result in a loss of steering control. In most cases, no noticeable symptoms may be present, but you may hear a clunking type noise from the front of the vehicle or experience a vibration in the floorboard. Contact your dealer for more information about this recall. Dealers will replace the lock nuts.