2005 Volkswagen Passat TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Volkswagen Passat TDI
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2005 Volkswagen Passat TDI Problems
Erratic turn signal operation can be a result of a failing turn signal flasher relay which will require replacement.
Because of issues with the glow plugs and/or the glow plug wiring harness from the control relay, the Check Engine Light may illuminate. Our technicians tell us there is a service bulletin, not a recall from Volkswagen regarding replacement of the glow plugs on 2004-2005 model years only.
2005 Volkswagen Passat TDI Questions
They used the hand computer on my car. I thought he said it was the trottle. He said it was something on top of the motor. They removed it and said if it comes back on to bring it back to be fixed.
It went out. Does this mean I do not have any brakes?
Is it safe to drive it?
I need oil change and what else
2005 Volkswagen Passat TDI Reviews
I have had this car for a year now, about 160,000 miles. I have already had to replace the transmission (the new one has 70,000 miles on it) and it is now doing the same clunking and hard shifting as the previous one! I really do like this car and the mileage that I receive which is usually around 35-37mpg, and that is "country" because it is rarely on the highway for more than 10 miles. Also, ...
The TDI is a great engine for fuel mileage. A very comfortable mid-sized car that can get over 40 mpg on the highway. The power is outstanding and addictive. The major downside is that VW of America has a poor rep for customer service, and refuses to acknowledge a design flaw in the 04 & 05 diesel (TDI) engines. The oil pump is chain driven and has caused major engine damage to m...
My Passat now requires transmission work for the 3rd time. By far the most expensive car for repair bills I have ever had (30 years of driving). Dealership won't cover anything under their "bumper to bumper" used car warranty.