2010 Volkswagen Jetta Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Volkswagen Jetta
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Ignition Coil, Ignition Wires, and Spark Plugs May Fail
- Coolant leaking
- 2 issues. The 1st is an intermittent starting and the 2nd is deceleration.
- I have a coolant leak from somewhere high on the cam chain end of the engine
- Is it normal when your losing traction to feel as if your hitting bumps.
- The touchscreen radio is not working. No power to it at all. Help is it a fuse?
2010 Volkswagen Jetta Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
2010 Volkswagen Jetta Questions
Coolant is collecting on the sump
Somtimes when I drive rough the traction light will come on and it feels as though I'm hitting bumps. I think it may Be my tires spinning underneath while the traction control tries to manage it. But I'm not sure. An example would be I'm coming out of a stoplight throw it in seconded ...
2010 Volkswagen Jetta Recalls
Connectors for a temperature sensor inside the direct shift gearbox (DSG) transmission may have been insufficiently crimped. They could incorrectly read a high transmission oil temperature, and abruptly shift into neutral. The shift position indicator in the instrument panel would begin to flash and the "Depress Brake Pedal" indicator light will be illuminated to alert the driver to apply the brakes. The abrupt shift could lead to a crash. Volkswagen and Audi dealers will reprogram the transmission control module (TCM) with updated software. The recall began October 20, 2009. The Volkswagen recall number is 37E3/S7 and the Audi recall number is 37E5/J7.
2010 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews
Purchased May2010...6,500 miles so far with zero issues. I rated the engine 4 of 5 as it does not idle "perfectly" when first started. Car seems as solid as my BMW.
great car,highway milage, 50 plus ,12000 miles,2010JSW Very nice interior.
Nice car so afr- the interior conveniences are pretty low though. The cup holders are in awkward place, the ipod dock can't be viewed as its located inside the center console, the stock radio is pretty lowsy and takes up the entire dashboard space for no reason. The CA Limited Edition Jetta eliminated the capability for sattelite radio or any other MP3 player accessibility. I had to go straight...