2005 Volkswagen Jetta Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Volkswagen Jetta
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Ignition Coil, Ignition Wires, and Spark Plugs May Fail
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Where is the fluid check dip-stiok located on the 2005 (Jetti)?
- how do you check the automatic transmission fluid level?
- Everytime i put gas the car don't want to start why
- why r my turn signals not working but my flashers do,my ac blower not working y?
- iI have a 2005 jetta and my turn signals wont work while my flashs why
2005 Volkswagen Jetta Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
2005 Volkswagen Jetta Questions
2005 Volkswagen Jetta Recalls
The caps to disable the headlight aiming screws may be installed in the incorrect positions. The cap for the horizontal aiming screw may have been installed on the vertical aiming screw. Improperly aimed headlights could cause reduced road visibility, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will install and remove disabling caps as necessary to assure they are in their correct locations. This recall is expected to begin on October 31, 2007. The Volkswagen recall number is Q8.
Volkswagen has recalled 2005 Jetta models with 2.5L engines because a fuel supply line clamp located in the engine compartment may not be positioned properly, which can cause a fuel leak. In the presence of an ignition source, fuel leakage can result in a fire. Dealers will inspect the position of the engine compartment fuel supply line clamp and replace the clamp if necessary.
2005 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews
Neither the local Dealer or the VW of America will do anything about it the Air harness problem in my 2005/2.5 Jetta. I have started a class action lawsuit email me if you need more info email@example.com If your Jetta has had issues with the Door wiring harness you must watch this video see link below: http://youtu.be/p1eQ5XL-zPM
Okay I just want to point out that If you buy a car used you don't know what the previous owner did or didn't do for the car. I know I read something about someone complaning about the body and interer that one pulls a red flag for me as it sounds like the car was hit/ Fix wrong and sold to you. You have to look out for you when buying Used BIG TIME no matter who is selling it. LOL I get No it'...
I LOVE the suspension and steering! Heavy, road hugging. Great pickup and go. Head light goes on and off. NE winters are cold and so is my car for the first 6 miles....then I feel the heat!!! I have even used a small blanket to and from work when temperature is in the teens. As soon as the warrentee was up, my driver side door had electrical problem. Master door with all the controls went hay...