2002 Volkswagen Jetta Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Volkswagen Jetta
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Ignition Coil, Ignition Wires, and Spark Plugs May Fail
- will a 99 a.c bypass pulley for a Volkswagen jetta 2.0 work on the 02 model?
- Had transmission rebuilt. Now car shakes badly at 45-50mph.
- Changed Timing belt and Water Pump. Once everything was re-installed wont start.
- Where do I start ? Engine shakes when rains and wet outside
- My key left in ignition and light on warning buzzer is not coming on any ideas.
2002 Volkswagen Jetta Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
2002 Volkswagen Jetta Questions
Everything went back on fine.
It seems like only when it's wet or it rains it starts but shakes engine light flashes , light stays on other ways how do I fixed this? The car has 150000 miles and is been real good till now..
2002 Volkswagen Jetta Recalls
Volkswagen has recalled certain 1999-2002 Jetta and 1998-2002 Beetle models because a brake light switch may malfunction if incorrectly installed during a safety recall. This can cause the brake lights to become inoperative or remain on. Dealers will install the newly designed brake light switch free of charge.
2002 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews
I have a 2002 VW jetta 1.8T. Have already put in another motor.Now the sorry thing has a leak somewhere.All the antifreeze blowed out of it all over the hood,engine and wherever else it could go. Try to put water in it just to see where the leak is coming from. The water will not stay in the reservoir. It cranks but won't keep water or antifreeze in it long enough to see where the leak is. This...
Ok i got this 2002 jetta 1.8T and it makes this loud knocking noise when I'm sitting but when i start to drive it stops WTF???
i stumbled onto my jet and was very happy until a few days of driving . the car had 67,000 miles on it but it has many problems, it uses oil ,the speedometer fluctuates so i cant use the cruise controll .the ac fan wont work , the check engine light stays on even if you fix the problem . broken interior plastic, the suspension sqeeks ,and it smells like crayons when it is hot outside .how did t...