2002 Volkswagen Jetta Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Volkswagen Jetta
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Engine Overheating Due to Damaged Water Pump Impeller
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Volkswagen Jetta Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
2002 Volkswagen Jetta Questions
When car starts it misses and runs rough. Then a lot of white smaoke comes out of exhaust.
I will try and change the fuse Number 14 and where is the circuit breaker on my car
This occurred twice in one day then while driving on the freeway the engine down shifted from 75 to 65. I was not able to accelerate beyond 65. Occasionally, my EPC light will come on.
Will replacing the Engine Power Control Module resolve or help this problem?
2002 Volkswagen Jetta Recalls
Volkswagen has recalled certain 1999-2002 Jetta and 1998-2002 Beetle models because a brake light switch may malfunction if incorrectly installed during a safety recall. This can cause the brake lights to become inoperative or remain on. Dealers will install the newly designed brake light switch free of charge.
2002 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews
I have a 2002 VW jetta 1.8T. Have already put in another motor.Now the sorry thing has a leak somewhere.All the antifreeze blowed out of it all over the hood,engine and wherever else it could go. Try to put water in it just to see where the leak is coming from. The water will not stay in the reservoir. It cranks but won't keep water or antifreeze in it long enough to see where the leak is. This...
i stumbled onto my jet and was very happy until a few days of driving . the car had 67,000 miles on it but it has many problems, it uses oil ,the speedometer fluctuates so i cant use the cruise controll .the ac fan wont work , the check engine light stays on even if you fix the problem . broken interior plastic, the suspension sqeeks ,and it smells like crayons when it is hot outside .how did t...
Made in Mexico- windows fall down because of cheap glue meant to hold glass in the guide mechanism. fake chrome on shifter peeled off.Armrest clip broke -cheap. Seat adjust round lever broke off-cheap design. Transmission is terrible terrible crap.Stereo - AMFM antenna gone and knobs broke off -cheap knobs. Lights burn out fast brake etc. -cops love to pull you over so have your license and re...