2001 Volkswagen Jetta Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Volkswagen Jetta
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Ignition Coil, Ignition Wires, and Spark Plugs May Fail
- I am resetting the timing but the intermediate gears moved from timing
- Interior lights
- HOW TO DISABLE ASR/ABS/ETC..ALL THAT APPLIES- REGARDING AUTO-TRANS. LOCKED..
- My wife recently broke the shifting cable on her automatic transmission.
- My transmission won't shift out of low gear and check engine light is on?
2001 Volkswagen Jetta Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
2001 Volkswagen Jetta Questions
The interior lights stay on after car is shut off. What causes this?
ASR IS ON. ABS IS ON.. WIRE ON FRONT BRAKE PADS(LEFT) CUT OFF... LOW GEAR (1ST. MANUAL AUTO) VEHICLE MOVES...AND ALSO REVERSE....THOSE ARE THE ONLY TWO .... HOW MAY I DISABLE THEM... OR AFTER FIXING ABS AND BRAKES ETC...... DO I JUST DECODE THEM? OR IS THERE A PROCEDURE? THANK YOU...
My wife broke her shifter cable on her 2001 jetta I have taken the gear shifter apart but do not know how to get to the cable do i have to drop the transmission please help down to one car. It's a automatic transmission I can only find help for manual transmissions.
2001 Volkswagen Jetta Recalls
Volkswagen has recalled certain 1999-2002 Jetta and 1998-2002 Beetle models because a brake light switch may malfunction if incorrectly installed during a safety recall. This can cause the brake lights to become inoperative or remain on. Dealers will install the newly designed brake light switch free of charge.
2001 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews
My 2001 Jetta was new when I got it and 9 years later, I really haven't had any problems with it..But as I'm reading other ppls stories I felt the need to give some advice. They "Crayon" smell is just a sign the cabin filter needs to be replaced..It actually never bothered me but of course it was a "suggested" replacement when I needed my air conditioner serviced because it wasnt cold..It just...
I ASK THAT ANYONE THAT HAS HAD ANY PROBLEM AND OWN THE A VW CALL 1-800-822-8987 VW OF AMERICA I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH THIS CAR REPLACED ENGINE TRANSMISSION AND NOW FUSE BOX MELTED AND ALMOST BURNED MY WHOLE CAR UP ..VW SAYS NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE REPORT THE PROBLEM TO THEM SO THEY CAN RECALL... SO I AM PERSONALLY MAKING IT MY JOB FOR THE NEXT YEAR TO GIVE THIS # OUT TO ALL POSSIBLE...
This car, even though it is well taken care of, just seems to fall apart. I will never buy a VW again.