2001 Volkswagen Jetta Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Volkswagen Jetta
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Ignition Coil, Ignition Wires, and Spark Plugs May Fail
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- 2001 vw golf 108t. should water pump be replaced with plastic or metal impeller?
- Where is the crankshaft position sensor located on a 2001 VW Jetta 2.8L VR6?.Thx
- Timing belt replacement at 100,000 mile maintenance
- please help car goes crazy when it seem to travel 1 hour or two then when you let it sit for a while it goes ok reply please tom
2001 Volkswagen Jetta Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
An ignition coil or spark plug may fail unexpectedly resulting in an engine misfire and possible illumination of the Check Engine Light. Vehicles equipped with spark plug wires may also develop a misfire caused by a failed spark plug wire.
2001 Volkswagen Jetta Questions
I drove car without passenger side bushing for about a year. Metal on metal
how to replace coil pack with diagram-engine lite blinking, car shuddering how hard is it to replace? not afraid to tackle it. We have fixed stuff ourselves before. First it would happen, then stop,now it keeps going.
every gage flashes on and off on dash board and trans will stop shifting then it goes back what is the electrical problem it happens when I am at a light
2001 Volkswagen Jetta Recalls
Volkswagen has recalled certain 1999-2002 Jetta and 1998-2002 Beetle models because a brake light switch may malfunction if incorrectly installed during a safety recall. This can cause the brake lights to become inoperative or remain on. Dealers will install the newly designed brake light switch free of charge.
2001 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews
My 2001 Jetta was new when I got it and 9 years later, I really haven't had any problems with it..But as I'm reading other ppls stories I felt the need to give some advice. They "Crayon" smell is just a sign the cabin filter needs to be replaced..It actually never bothered me but of course it was a "suggested" replacement when I needed my air conditioner serviced because it wasnt cold..It just...
I ASK THAT ANYONE THAT HAS HAD ANY PROBLEM AND OWN THE A VW CALL 1-800-822-8987 VW OF AMERICA I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH THIS CAR REPLACED ENGINE TRANSMISSION AND NOW FUSE BOX MELTED AND ALMOST BURNED MY WHOLE CAR UP ..VW SAYS NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE REPORT THE PROBLEM TO THEM SO THEY CAN RECALL... SO I AM PERSONALLY MAKING IT MY JOB FOR THE NEXT YEAR TO GIVE THIS # OUT TO ALL POSSIBLE...
I am so sick of VW I will never buy another VW again, everyone is having the same issues and they will not recall, its always something with this car, I should have bought a Honda