1999 Volkswagen Jetta Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Volkswagen Jetta
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Ignition Coil, Ignition Wires, and Spark Plugs May Fail
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Car wont start after i tried this morning it jumped ahead and now it will not start. When it jumped ahead it was not running.
- WHAT caused the car to jump ahead;when i tried to start it now it will not start
- I replaced the oil pan and now the oil warning light and alarm comes on and off
- Check Engine light is ON with code p0411- secondary air injection incorrect upstream flow detected
- Car dies on me after being warmed up why? It will start after cooled down
1999 Volkswagen Jetta Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
1999 Volkswagen Jetta Questions
i check the battery for the age ,i purchased it in 8/08,so i replace it.after installing the new battery i still can't get it to start,all the lights on the dash light up but it won't crank over
helping my friend with his 99 VW Jetta GLS. need to replace glove box door and not finding much in the way of youtube. any input? Would Haynes, Bentley or Chiltons repair manuals cover removing the door to replace it? and which manual would be mot recommended?
Thanks for any advice/help in this....
car starts and dies after 3 seconds took it to the local VW dealership and tey said it was a bad ECM, replaced it and its doing the same thing wondering if it needs to be married to my car or if there is away around taking it back to dealrship
1999 Volkswagen Jetta Recalls
Volkswagen has recalled certain 1999-2002 Jetta and 1998-2002 Beetle models because a brake light switch may malfunction if incorrectly installed during a safety recall. This can cause the brake lights to become inoperative or remain on. Dealers will install the newly designed brake light switch free of charge.
Volkswagen has recalled certain 1999-2002 Jettas because a brake light switch may malfunction. This can cause the brake lights to become inoperative or remain on. This recall has been superseded by 06V-183. Owners who have had a remedy performed under this recall should return to their dealer for the redesigned remedy.
Volkswagen has recalled certain 1998-1999 Jettas because the recommended cold tire inflation pressure on the label reads 2.4 bar (36.3 psi) when it should read 2.5 bar (34.8 psi). Under inflated tires can affect vehicle handling and can increase the risk of a crash. Owners will be provided with corrected labels, or a dealer can install the label if the owner wishes.
1999 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews
The 2.0 L is almost impossible to break. Get this car if you want something that is good for the price and reliable.
More than a review, a question regarding the side mirror control. The joy stick that controls the side view mirrors broke off a long time ago. I have the mirrors set to my setting but as I turned off the ignition yesterday the mirrors retracted or tucked in against the windows on their own!? When I needed to adjust the mirrors I used a pensil eraser but this wont release the mirrors back to ...