1999 Volkswagen Jetta Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Volkswagen Jetta
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Ignition Coil, Ignition Wires, and Spark Plugs May Fail
- Resetting timing after it was taken a part in correctly on 99 2.0 liter AEG.
- Cars overheating, tried everything please help cant afford this,im Single mother
- I have a 1999 Jetta GLS 4 cylinder, and the problem is that it has a problem starting. However it does start without any problems, sometimes,for days. There is no sound but i can hear the fuel pump active but there is no cranking. battery,alt,starter-ok
- What is cost to fix ABS sensor and airbag sensor?
- Need help 1999.5 vw jetta vr6 AFP!I am getting many electrical short to grounds
1999 Volkswagen Jetta Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
1999 Volkswagen Jetta Questions
after changing o ring,oil pressure light kept coming on. After some investigation I found that the oil pump chain tensioner broke. Well,to change that the crank pulley and crank timing gear had to be removed. I paid a backyard mechanic to pull the pulley off to get to plate to remove so tensioner...
I had the battery, alternator, and starter tested at advanced autoparts and they said they are all good. And sometimes a jump will start it right up or if i leave it alone and comeback it will startup. When in Drive, the rear lights come on (white) while driving, any help on how to fix this?
I have a 199.5 vw jetta vr6 AFP!I am getting many electrical short to ground codes and i cleaned the terminals under the battery box and the car is still running really rough and really rich! I noticed that on the alternator there is a visible nut that is on a screw and there is no wire attached ...
1999 Volkswagen Jetta Recalls
Volkswagen has recalled certain 1999-2002 Jetta and 1998-2002 Beetle models because a brake light switch may malfunction if incorrectly installed during a safety recall. This can cause the brake lights to become inoperative or remain on. Dealers will install the newly designed brake light switch free of charge.
Volkswagen has recalled certain 1999-2002 Jettas because a brake light switch may malfunction. This can cause the brake lights to become inoperative or remain on. This recall has been superseded by 06V-183. Owners who have had a remedy performed under this recall should return to their dealer for the redesigned remedy.
Volkswagen has recalled certain 1998-1999 Jettas because the recommended cold tire inflation pressure on the label reads 2.4 bar (36.3 psi) when it should read 2.5 bar (34.8 psi). Under inflated tires can affect vehicle handling and can increase the risk of a crash. Owners will be provided with corrected labels, or a dealer can install the label if the owner wishes.
1999 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews
The 2.0 L is almost impossible to break. Get this car if you want something that is good for the price and reliable.
More than a review, a question regarding the side mirror control. The joy stick that controls the side view mirrors broke off a long time ago. I have the mirrors set to my setting but as I turned off the ignition yesterday the mirrors retracted or tucked in against the windows on their own!? When I needed to adjust the mirrors I used a pensil eraser but this wont release the mirrors back to ...