1996 Volkswagen Jetta Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Volkswagen Jetta
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Ignition Coil, Ignition Wires, and Spark Plugs May Fail
- My gauges went out on my dash, can anyone tell me what I might do to fix them.
- Alarm going off/ blowing fused and won't start and not accelerating ...
- rear ended someone, but slid underneath the truck so only radiator is bent in but not into the engine or anything really. Hood is bent in, grill and lights are shattered, but frame is fine. How much??
- Would a bad ignition switch cause the a/c not to work in 1996 jetta?
- When I put the key in ignition the instrument panel goes crazy what could cause.
1996 Volkswagen Jetta Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
1996 Volkswagen Jetta Questions
All my gauges just stopped working one day on my way home. They've alway gone off and I would just have to hit the dash and they would pop back on, but not this time. The dash lights still come on. Please, can someone help me figure out what is wrong. I'm scared to drive cause I can't...
One fluid did leak at the accident but coolant temp is good, i think it is the power steering because its hard to steer.
it started when I was driving and the alarm would go off and the only way to turn it off was to put key in drivers side door and turn.now this instrument problem.
1996 Volkswagen Jetta Recalls
1996 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews
i have a stick shift and when i change gears from 1 to 2 and so on and req. to accelerate fast it slips, could it be lack of fluid.
I absolutly love this car. If you put an R8 Audi & a 1996 veerow GLX in front of me, I would pick the jetta. I think that basically sums it up!