1996 Volkswagen Jetta Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Volkswagen Jetta
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Ignition Coil, Ignition Wires, and Spark Plugs May Fail
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- why has my turn signals stop working. The fuse looks good.
- 1996 vw jetta automatic wont crank or start. all warning lights come on
- I'll put in reverse go for about 5ft then grinds and stops.
- What causes ignition switch to starts to smoke?
- My gauges went out on my dash, can anyone tell me what I might do to fix them.
1996 Volkswagen Jetta Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
Electrical issues that are difficult to diagnose—and sometimes intermittent—are typically due to ground wiring issues. The most troublesome ground locations are under the battery or at the engine.
1996 Volkswagen Jetta Questions
this happened after the car was driven and parked. I got back in and NOTHING
Pulled transmission out of car and can't open it. Seems to be binding where input shaft is. A few springs feel out. One is small and long
Put key in ignition switch turn key to on position with engine off ..and then I see smoke coming from switch connector.what can I do to fix that?
1996 Volkswagen Jetta Recalls
1996 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews
i have a stick shift and when i change gears from 1 to 2 and so on and req. to accelerate fast it slips, could it be lack of fluid.
I absolutly love this car. If you put an R8 Audi & a 1996 veerow GLX in front of me, I would pick the jetta. I think that basically sums it up!