1996 Volkswagen Jetta Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Volkswagen Jetta
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Engine Overheating Due to Damaged Water Pump Impeller
- Car starts when cold fine but after warm up May not restart until car cools down
- What does code p1582 mean and how do you fix it
- car has the temp light on, vehicle suddenly stalled at low rpm.poor idle,starts.
- I change the automatic trans to a standard transmission.
- what number fuse is the horn fuse? & what number fuse is the for the oil lite?
1996 Volkswagen Jetta Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
1996 Volkswagen Jetta Questions
it will start, must keep foot on gas. min 10,000 rpm. standard veh. gas powered. 4 cyl. can't drive it though.
what two wires do I cross together to make car run
The passenger side turn signal in my 1996 VW Jetta is stuck on constantly and is draining the battery as well. I have already tested fuses. Any other help in how to diagnose and or fix this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
1996 Volkswagen Jetta Recalls
1996 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews
i have a stick shift and when i change gears from 1 to 2 and so on and req. to accelerate fast it slips, could it be lack of fluid.
I absolutly love this car. If you put an R8 Audi & a 1996 veerow GLX in front of me, I would pick the jetta. I think that basically sums it up!