1992 Volkswagen Jetta Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Volkswagen Jetta
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
1992 Volkswagen Jetta Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Electrical issues that are difficult to diagnose—and sometimes intermittent—are typically due to ground wiring issues. The most troublesome ground locations are under the battery or at the engine.
1992 Volkswagen Jetta Questions
My cars engine has been overhauled. New carburettor, new distributor, new plug wires, oil pump, water pump, rebored, new pistons, rings, bearings, new TP 100 sensor. Car runs ok when weather is warm, wont start after being driven in rain. There is spark from the coil to the distributor, but no sp...
Checked for spark shot some starter fluid in the intake and she fires. Checked pumps and they work but only if I put power directly to them. Changed the fuel pump relay, ecm and still wont start. Any ideas???
On my 92 jetta the a/c,water pump and alternator belts keep losing the proper adjustment as the car is driven for a day or two.....why is that?
1992 Volkswagen Jetta Recalls
1992 Volkswagen Jetta Reviews
Is this car able to shift into a gear without the car running or stepping on the brake.
For its age, my 92 Jetta is holding up fairly well. I did have a very annoying and internmittent problem with starting for awhile, and after much time and energy discovered that someone along the line had removed the heat shield for the starter and it had burned out. It burns a little oil, but really none the worse for wear.