1991 Volkswagen Jetta Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Volkswagen Jetta
- why won't my jetta run unless I spray gas in the throttle body
- why will my car only start when I put gas in the throttle body
- when I start my car white smoke comes out from the tail pipe. When I put my foot on the gas white smoke comes out of my tail pipe. What could the problem be?
- I have an inermittent start problem.
- My Jetta starts fine. As I take off in 1st gear to shift to 2nd it hesitates.
1991 Volkswagen Jetta Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Electrical issues that are difficult to diagnose—and sometimes intermittent—are typically due to ground wiring issues. The most troublesome ground locations are under the battery or at the engine.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.