2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Problems
Rear door drivers-side. When using Keyless entry doors won't lock. The door above is culprit. All others lock. A short alarm sounds when all doors are locked. Presently no alarm sounds. Any suggestions for a fix. By the way I did use my second clicker which is brand new. Therefore battery is new.
Oil and carbon tend to build up, creating restrictions in the intake manifold. Symptoms will be loss of power (sometimes severe) and poor fuel economy.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Questions
I cannot locate which fuse is for the wipers. They just quit working so I assume its a fuse.
2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Recalls
On the 2.0L TDI common rail Diesel engine/clean Diesel engine, fuel injection pulses could coincide with the natural frequency of injector line #2. This resonance creates additional stress on the fuel line. Small cracks could develop in the #2 injector line, resulting in a Diesel fuel leak. A fuel leak always increases the risk of a fire. Dealers will install an improved #2 fuel injector line and install vibration dampers on all of the injector lines to correct this concern. The Volkswagen/Audi recall number is 23J9/V5.