2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Check Engine Light Due to Issues With Glow Plugs/Wiring Harness
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Loss of Power Due to Oil and Carbon Build Up in Intake Manifold
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- how to replace expansion valve located on firewall
- Coolant temp/coolant level warning light comes on - engine cold and level is OK?
- stop! oil pressure engine
- VW Jetta TDI-Cost, parts and labor for a drivers side door wiring harness?
- How do you fix a throttle Actuator Control System when it is stuck closed?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Because of issues with the glow plugs and/or the glow plug wiring harness from the control relay, the Check Engine Light may illuminate. Our technicians tell us there is a service bulletin, not a recall from Volkswagen regarding replacement of the glow plugs on 2004-2005 model years only.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Questions
My car has two climate zones; driver's and passenger's. No matter where the setting is or whether the a/c is on or off, the driver's side is always warm, even when the passenger side is a/c cold. What's the likely problem?
I do notice that the vent to the left of the ste...
noise from engine after timing belt change
I began doing circle checks of my car before I went inside every night. All lights would be off when I go inside, yet I could come out 5 hours later and the brake lights would be on. Or in the morning my battery would be dead. Tonight I caught the lights on, I sat in the car and fiddled the brake...
2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Reviews
my 05.5 same as 06. bought new and now has 279000mi only 2 sets of brakes.1 dualmas flywheel and 2 timing belts.new ac.new shocks. all front end parts still good.changed oil at 10000mi.mis diagnosed turbo at170000mi.no I havent had any trouble with cam shaft. I drive my car easy and still get 50+mpg. the corola doesn't ride as good,not as good mpg and don't know of any that have this mileage.if...
Best car I've ever driven/had.