2005 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
- my car won;t start .replaced battery cables are in great shape . it did start once with a jump with old battery,and once with new batt ,now it just clicks send reply to motorcycledown @yahoo.com
- won't start replaced battery i did get to start once so i could drive it home not sure what i did ther ,e and i did get to start once more after battery replace .now it just gives me a click is there a spot that i could look for for bad wires .
- axil seals need replaced --was told this almost always means a new transmission?
- what should be replaced when timing belt is replaced
- Can my turbocharger be repaired or must it be replaced?
2005 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Problems
Because of issues with the glow plugs and/or the glow plug wiring harness from the control relay, the Check Engine Light may illuminate. Our technicians tell us there is a service bulletin, not a recall from Volkswagen regarding replacement of the glow plugs on 2004-2005 model years only.
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Rear door drivers-side. When using Keyless entry doors won't lock. The door above is culprit. All others lock. A short alarm sounds when all doors are locked. Presently no alarm sounds. Any suggestions for a fix. By the way I did use my second clicker which is brand new. Therefore battery is new.
2005 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Questions
I have a 05 vw jetta and it is leaking some kind of oil on driver side up front kind of behind tire. Its not a bad leak at the moment but I check everything and all fluids was full. Has anyone had this problem or know what it may b? I plan on taking to the car repair place this weekend.
the engine will turn but it never turns over. its been like this for 2 wks now.
My car has had the filter replaced and it still wont start
2005 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Reviews
Worst car we've ever had, bought it new. 2005 VW Jetta TDI. I love the car for looks and mpg, but it's constantly something wrong with it, and it's EXPENSIVE to fix. 200 miles after warranty was off the drive train went out (60,000 mi), seat belt on passengers side quit working and they said it wasn't covered (60,000), clutch went out (70,000), passengers window will not roll up or down, pa...
I bought my 2005.5 Jetta TDI in June 2005. I now have over 150,000 miles on it. I just took it in for a timing belt replacement. Except for broken wire in the drivers door which caused the window to not work, the car has been perfect! It still looks and drives like new. I change the oil every 11,000 with Castrol Syntec and fuel filter every October. I am still on my 2nd set of tires and 20,000 ...
Volkswagen Jetta is sharp and stylish on the outside, spacious and versatile inside, it combines comfort, safety and reliability in a package that is affordable and economical. http://bit.ly/jCzdTR