2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
- Check Engine Light Due to Issues With Glow Plugs/Wiring Harness
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Loss of Power Due to Oil and Carbon Build Up in Intake Manifold
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- trunk won't open. seems there is a little bar that is not staying in place
- why would my glow plug light flash as well as engine light
- My cruise indicator light went on without cause; how do i turn it off?
- What is the unusual squealing that has recently started from my car? Turbo?
- 2004 1.9 TDI (BEW) Engine, Pump Deuce has starting problem......
2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Problems
Because of issues with the glow plugs and/or the glow plug wiring harness from the control relay, the Check Engine Light may illuminate. Our technicians tell us there is a service bulletin, not a recall from Volkswagen regarding replacement of the glow plugs on 2004-2005 model years only.
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Oil and carbon tend to build up, creating restrictions in the intake manifold. Symptoms will be loss of power (sometimes severe) and poor fuel economy.
2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Questions
how do I fix this where can I find the part. Its like the little bar isn't staying place once I open trunk from inside the back seat there is this little bar that is not staying in place.
It happens at high rpms and it sounds like a problem with the intake system. Maybe an air leak or a turbo issue. It is not a belt.
I replaced me MAF sensor due to a fault code. Now the code came back after i cleared it. They show 2 different engines for 2004 Jetta a ALH and a BEW. The part that was sold to me was for the ALH should this matter does it need the MAF for the BEW engine.
2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Reviews
problems with arm rest cover have replaced times2X, groveblox door replaced. Mat holder broken (all).
Canadian model, 2004 have 465Km, still going strong