2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Check Engine Light Due to Issues With Glow Plugs/Wiring Harness
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Loss of Power Due to Oil and Carbon Build Up in Intake Manifold
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Because of issues with the glow plugs and/or the glow plug wiring harness from the control relay, the Check Engine Light may illuminate. Our technicians tell us there is a service bulletin, not a recall from Volkswagen regarding replacement of the glow plugs on 2004-2005 model years only.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Questions
how do I fix this where can I find the part. Its like the little bar isn't staying place once I open trunk from inside the back seat there is this little bar that is not staying in place.
It happens at high rpms and it sounds like a problem with the intake system. Maybe an air leak or a turbo issue. It is not a belt.
I replaced me MAF sensor due to a fault code. Now the code came back after i cleared it. They show 2 different engines for 2004 Jetta a ALH and a BEW. The part that was sold to me was for the ALH should this matter does it need the MAF for the BEW engine.