2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
- cost to replace glow plug bridge and relay? Dealer wants $710
- What is the procedure to replace the wiring harness for the headlights?
- what do code lights on 2004 jetta turbo P2181, P3081, P0300,0301,0302,0303 mean?
- My battery light came on and is overheating what could be wrong
- trunk won't open. seems there is a little bar that is not staying in place
2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Problems
Because of issues with the glow plugs and/or the glow plug wiring harness from the control relay, the Check Engine Light may illuminate. Our technicians tell us there is a service bulletin, not a recall from Volkswagen regarding replacement of the glow plugs on 2004-2005 model years only.
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Rear door drivers-side. When using Keyless entry doors won't lock. The door above is culprit. All others lock. A short alarm sounds when all doors are locked. Presently no alarm sounds. Any suggestions for a fix. By the way I did use my second clicker which is brand new. Therefore battery is new.
2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Questions
part #s 038971782C, 038907281C
Can the parts be purchased aftermarket or do I have to get it from the dealer?
2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Reviews
problems with arm rest cover have replaced times2X, groveblox door replaced. Mat holder broken (all).
Canadian model, 2004 have 465Km, still going strong