2003 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Check Engine Light Due to Issues With Glow Plugs/Wiring Harness
- Loss of Power Due to Oil and Carbon Build Up in Intake Manifold
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- It wont start! We've tried changing the fuel filter, fuel pump, & fuse 109
- car stalls when idling also glowplug light flashing and check engine light is on
- Starts but it Will not run. Will start and putts and shut down.Whats the cause?
- car goes into limp mode under load going up hill. solution?
- lack of power
2003 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Because of issues with the glow plugs and/or the glow plug wiring harness from the control relay, the Check Engine Light may illuminate. Our technicians tell us there is a service bulletin, not a recall from Volkswagen regarding replacement of the glow plugs on 2004-2005 model years only.
Oil and carbon tend to build up, creating restrictions in the intake manifold. Symptoms will be loss of power (sometimes severe) and poor fuel economy.
2003 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Questions
If you have any suggestions!!!
Some times check engine light comes on.
Obviously, when I stop and shut engine off it will reset.
This only happens going up hill, and is intermitent.
When the light comes on, it shows an overrev code.
lack of power
2003 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Reviews
Bought a 2003 VW TDI (Diesel) brand new. Today, the car has 170,000 miles. All went well until it reached about 100,000 miles (which is just breaking in for a diesel). What happened next between 110,000 and today: - Relays under dash start blowing (they ain't cheap either). they are also VERY difficult to get to. Should be a recall!!! - Wiper motor will start stopping intermittently; don'...