2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Check Engine Light Due to Issues With Glow Plugs/Wiring Harness
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Loss of Power Due to Oil and Carbon Build Up in Intake Manifold
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Because of issues with the glow plugs and/or the glow plug wiring harness from the control relay, the Check Engine Light may illuminate. Our technicians tell us there is a service bulletin, not a recall from Volkswagen regarding replacement of the glow plugs on 2004-2005 model years only.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Questions
One night I lost my dash light to an shout in my dash dimmer switch I got a new one and put it in but I still have no lights on my dash on any of the dash panels. I check the fuse panel and the fuses are all good is there some other fuse or relay some were else on my 2002 VW Jetta
alternator charges battery, seems that the alternator wire too the battery get too hot. battery does not overcharge. I replaced alt. starter and battery ( they were old anyway ). I removed all fuses at fuse block and the power wire still draws amps from the battery. help. when I disconnect the p...
Ive taken the car to the dealer, and they say maybe needs new gaskets and hoses. They advised me to fix those and then if that doesn't fix the problem to change the catalytic converter. I took it to my local mechanic and they said hoses and gaskets look good, and that there are no Cat codes...
2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Reviews
iritating interior air to nose &throat,changed filter no help.dealer looked every thing over couldnt find A problem
with about 80,000, new cat. converter, new rack and pinion, multiple batteries, rotors redone, new turbo, glowplug controller replaced, bad smell from A/C, interior finish peeling, new glowplugs, new trunk latch, new trunk latch bracket. MIL constantly on, but I now regard that as a sign that the battery still has a charge. Reliability, as you might guess, has been terrible. I will never, nev...