2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
- Check Engine Light Due to Issues With Glow Plugs/Wiring Harness
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Loss of Power Due to Oil and Carbon Build Up in Intake Manifold
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Transmission slips in 3rd gear after driving it for an hour.
- How to attach gear shifter cables inside vehicle?
- car does not start replaced fuel filter, smokes a lot.
- left to right slop in front end on 2002 Jetta TDI. getting worse. please help!
- how can i tell if the car has a electronic brake sensor or not without seeing it
2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Problems
Because of issues with the glow plugs and/or the glow plug wiring harness from the control relay, the Check Engine Light may illuminate. Our technicians tell us there is a service bulletin, not a recall from Volkswagen regarding replacement of the glow plugs on 2004-2005 model years only.
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Oil and carbon tend to build up, creating restrictions in the intake manifold. Symptoms will be loss of power (sometimes severe) and poor fuel economy.
2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Questions
I just bought a 02 Jetta TDI with 90,000 miles. For the first hour after I bought it it drove and shifted fine. Then I noticed that it felt like it slipped a little in 3rd gear but not bad. While getting on the interstate I noticed it seamed a little worse. Buy the time I got home it was doing so...
need to know what brake pads to order without seeing the car
2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Reviews
iritating interior air to nose &throat,changed filter no help.dealer looked every thing over couldnt find A problem
with about 80,000, new cat. converter, new rack and pinion, multiple batteries, rotors redone, new turbo, glowplug controller replaced, bad smell from A/C, interior finish peeling, new glowplugs, new trunk latch, new trunk latch bracket. MIL constantly on, but I now regard that as a sign that the battery still has a charge. Reliability, as you might guess, has been terrible. I will never, nev...