2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
- Check Engine Light Due to Issues With Glow Plugs/Wiring Harness
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Loss of Power Due to Oil and Carbon Build Up in Intake Manifold
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- The remote battery was change but still cannot open my car unless I use the key
- replacement of front drivers door hinge as u shaped part of hinge that adjusts
- Intermittent and slight loss of power mostly at above 40 mph.
- Where is the fuel pump located?
- myy 01 jetta runs fine but lately the car stalls and epc light comes on-
2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Problems
Because of issues with the glow plugs and/or the glow plug wiring harness from the control relay, the Check Engine Light may illuminate. Our technicians tell us there is a service bulletin, not a recall from Volkswagen regarding replacement of the glow plugs on 2004-2005 model years only.
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Oil and carbon tend to build up, creating restrictions in the intake manifold. Symptoms will be loss of power (sometimes severe) and poor fuel economy.
2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Questions
In the drivers door, does it need a fuse to be changed, if so where is the fuse box. Thanks
i have a 2001 jetta tdi when u go to start it in the morinig it wont start i replaced the glow plugs wire harness and relay when its cold out it starts right up but after it runs and it sits for 2 to 4 hrs dosnt start unless you shoot a little either in it
my technician installed a timing belt on a tdi. the car came in running, so we lined everything up according to all data, then removed and replaced the belt. now it will not start. but if you use ether, it will start. we even tried advancing and retarding injector timing but no help