2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Vehicles Using Biofuels May Have Injection Pump Failures
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Questions
Car for sale. Just checking before buying.
car heating gauge take longer time to indicate warm up. car heat blower is working but it is not blowing enough heat.
i checked relays and fuses all seem good. The problem occured after i hit a deer
2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Reviews
Well, after 318,000 miles, all I can do is give accolades to the TDI. The engine continues to work hard for its Master and continues to get approx 49 mpg which means thousands of dollars to my pocket. A glow plug change here and a timing belt change there and oil changes every 8K miles has been the key. Plus manual xmission to avoid any problems that come with automatics. So what if the cup...