2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Vehicles Using Biofuels May Have Injection Pump Failures
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- 1.9tdi diesel engine, smoking very, very bad. Then a loud clatter from the engin
- 2300 rpm at 60mph(4speed auto trans,110hp model)-is that normal?thanks.
- What is the estimated cost to repair an a/c relay switch?
- why is my vw tdi 2000 car is slow warming up and low heat?
- Have a 2000 jetta tdi with a bad tranny,will a 2000 gas jetta tranny work? thank
2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Questions
2000 jetta 1.9tdi diesel. When it started it filled the garage with smoke and then there was a loud clatter from the engine. Shut the engine off and then it would not restart. Start dismantling the air intake system and it was full of oil. Please help. What would cause this and how do I fix it?
2300rpm at 60mph.
2800 rpm at 75mph.
Car for sale. Just checking before buying.
2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Reviews
Well, after 318,000 miles, all I can do is give accolades to the TDI. The engine continues to work hard for its Master and continues to get approx 49 mpg which means thousands of dollars to my pocket. A glow plug change here and a timing belt change there and oil changes every 8K miles has been the key. Plus manual xmission to avoid any problems that come with automatics. So what if the cup...