2008 Volkswagen GTI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Volkswagen GTI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Power windows fail more often than manually operated window cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Air Leaks And EVAP Faults Causing Check Engine Light
- warning light on, says malfunction Indicator light, runs fine
- my left turn signal comes on when I use of the right is anyone know what the problem is
- DOes anyone else have a GTI that hardly turns over? Or the turbo stops working?
- What is the cuppa o2 sensor and how much o replace it?
- Why did the front and back wheel hub disc integrate I have a 2008 vw gti
2008 Volkswagen GTI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
2008 Volkswagen GTI Questions
forcing the switch it seems to workor just holding it in the first position also works
2008 Volkswagen GTI Recalls
Volkswagen is recalling certain 2007–2009 Jetta, Jetta Sportwagon, Golf, and Rabbit, as well as 2006–2010 Beetle and Beetle Convertible vehicles equipped with a 2.5L gasoline engine due to a possibly damaged fuel supply line. Under hood fasteners may chafe against the fuel supply line, resulting in a fuel leak. Fuel leakage, in the presence of an ignition source, could result in a fire. Dealers will perform vehicle-appropriate inspections and repairs in order to protect the fuel supply line from chafing damage.
2008 Volkswagen GTI Reviews
My husband bought this car because everyone ranked it as a best buy...but we have been really disappointed with this car. From poor VW dealership/parts shops. To the VW policy that they are okay with the GTI burning a quart of oil every 1000 miles!? VW has also been delaying the release of a new diagonostic reader to tell if the engine is running properly. (We've been asking our local dealershi...
I love it! Everything is perfect from the back windshield wiper going on when it detects water when you back up to everything! lol