2007 Volkswagen GTI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Volkswagen GTI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Power windows fail more often than manually operated window cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Air Leaks And EVAP Faults Causing Check Engine Light
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2007 Volkswagen GTI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
2007 Volkswagen GTI Questions
I've replaced ABS pump & all sensor to try sort this problem, a mechanic thinks the previous person who replaced the wheel bearing might have damaged where the sensor senses on the wheel hub or replaced it with a non ABS wheel hub, when I brake other 3 wheels continue braking at right pre...
A few months back we would have trouble getting it into reverse gear. We'd have to put back in park then reverse and most times this fixed the problem. Now we can't get the car to run in any gear. On dash, P R N D all flash on & off. We had AAA tow the car home because the driver told...
car has build up of ice in both doors and has caused the front of them to bend and i am not under warranty
2007 Volkswagen GTI Recalls
Volkswagen is recalling certain 2007–2009 Jetta, Jetta Sportwagon, Golf, and Rabbit, as well as 2006–2010 Beetle and Beetle Convertible vehicles equipped with a 2.5L gasoline engine due to a possibly damaged fuel supply line. Under hood fasteners may chafe against the fuel supply line, resulting in a fuel leak. Fuel leakage, in the presence of an ignition source, could result in a fire. Dealers will perform vehicle-appropriate inspections and repairs in order to protect the fuel supply line from chafing damage.
The caps to disable the headlight aiming screws may be installed in the incorrect positions. The cap for the horizontal aiming screw may have been installed on the vertical aiming screw. Improperly aimed headlights could cause reduced road visibility, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will install and remove disabling caps as necessary to assure they are in their correct locations. This recall is expected to begin on October 31, 2007. The Volkswagen recall number is Q8.
2007 Volkswagen GTI Reviews
My girlfriend has a 2008 GTI 4 door automatic. After 2 years we noticed the car would always have a little trouble starting almost like the battery was drained. Also at idle the car acted like it would shut off it was very rough. Then a noise from the front passenger side wheel began to happen. It sounded like a loud coffee maker. Today she took it in for her regular oil change and the mechanic...
Great car. Just got 60k mile service cost a little over $500 everything included. Thanks Lindsay!!! - 2007 GTI
This car has had zero problems in the 21 month of ownership. I love the the overall performance. It is a real joy to drive. It gets very good mileage (average: 26 mpg), sound great when you goose it, ride quality is smooth & quiet, and it looks good.