2004 Volkswagen GTI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Volkswagen GTI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Power windows fail more often than manually operated window cranks
- Air Leaks And EVAP Faults Causing Check Engine Light
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
2004 Volkswagen GTI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
2004 Volkswagen GTI Questions
Car is sputtering when driving and check engine light is on.