2002 Volkswagen GTI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Volkswagen GTI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Air Leaks And EVAP Faults Causing Check Engine Light
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Power windows fail more often than manually operated window cranks
- I have a VW Lupo and it has a constant CHECK ENGINE light. What cld be the issue
- I have a vibration while picking up speed starts around 30
- Wheel bearings job on front ..price for 1 and 2
- was in an accident and ac now broken - where are the ac components?
- Where is the throttle/pedal position switch located
2002 Volkswagen GTI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
2002 Volkswagen GTI Questions
replaced every sensor linked to it,did the 300 mile drive test, and still my light is on. ANY ANSWERS? "PLEASE HELP"
Occurs whenever the engine is cool. Recently had a transmission flush to no avail. Transmission is not throwing any codes. Vag com is saying my rear speed sensor is faulty. I'm unsure if that would cause this issue with the shifting.
2002 Volkswagen GTI Reviews
After reading all the reveiws about the GTI's mentioned here, I honestly cannot believe all the negative remarks & complaints. I LOVE MY GTI, & would definately purchase one again. I live in the suburbs of N.Y.C. & this car gets me all over the 5 boroughs, at a quick, responsive, thrill-to-drive rate.Let's face it people, ALL vehicles are an expense to own, but this car is an all around win...