2002 Volkswagen GTI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Volkswagen GTI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Power windows fail more often than manually operated window cranks
- Air Leaks And EVAP Faults Causing Check Engine Light
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Wheel bearings job on front ..price for 1 and 2
- was in an accident and ac now broken - where are the ac components?
- Where is the throttle/pedal position switch located
- "CHECK ENGINE LIGHT" I fail N.Y.S. inspection due to cannot fix this problem. I
- My car doesn't want to shift from 3rd to 4th when cold, but shifts fine when war
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2002 Volkswagen GTI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
2002 Volkswagen GTI Questions
replaced every sensor linked to it,did the 300 mile drive test, and still my light is on. ANY ANSWERS? "PLEASE HELP"
Occurs whenever the engine is cool. Recently had a transmission flush to no avail. Transmission is not throwing any codes. Vag com is saying my rear speed sensor is faulty. I'm unsure if that would cause this issue with the shifting.
The check engine light came on this week. I took it to autozone to find out why. The codes point to engine efficiency. Means either vacuum hoses or the CC.
My mechanic thinks the cc is damaged from the 2 ignition coils that failed about 2 years ago.
Is it possible that a failed coil can d...
2002 Volkswagen GTI Reviews
After reading all the reveiws about the GTI's mentioned here, I honestly cannot believe all the negative remarks & complaints. I LOVE MY GTI, & would definately purchase one again. I live in the suburbs of N.Y.C. & this car gets me all over the 5 boroughs, at a quick, responsive, thrill-to-drive rate.Let's face it people, ALL vehicles are an expense to own, but this car is an all around win...