2000 Volkswagen GTI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Volkswagen GTI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Air Leaks And EVAP Faults Causing Check Engine Light
- Power windows fail more often than manually operated window cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
2000 Volkswagen GTI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
2000 Volkswagen GTI Questions
So while driving after an hour the tranny seems to go into standby mode? Drives completely fine.. Drive on the freeway and take an exit, downshifts and then won't shift after that til the tranny cools down. Bout 30 minutes later car drives just fine til I've been driving awhile and does t...
Will not start has fuel pressure. Has spark. Will run as long as ether is sprayed into air breather.
if my gti is idleing it runs 195 when i drive the temp goes back to cold
2000 Volkswagen GTI Reviews
I have mixed feelings on this car.. I love how it drives, handles and responds to the road. I HATE fixing them-parts are expensive, seem made to break and it's laborious to do even the simplest jobs. I've sunk over $5k into this piece of sh*t, and it only has 66k miles on it. I think I got stuck with a lemon, but considering how unreliable VWs seem to be I won't ever buy another one.