1997 Volkswagen GTI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Volkswagen GTI
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
1997 Volkswagen GTI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
1997 Volkswagen GTI Questions
After a large amount of head scratching i cannot solve my issue. Every time i open or close a door, or rock my car back and forth....or really do anything other than look at it. The four way flashers begin to flash and there is an audible clicking sound in the dash just behind the night time ligh...
so i been having some trouble lately starting my gti, thinking its the ignition? sometimes it starts sometimes not, if i keep trying to start it over & over so far it has started.. any suggestions to what it might be??
I must have a bad bearing on the a/c compressor clutch. really loud with out load, when I turn on the a/c the noise goes away. With out load pully on a/c unit wobbles and it is spitting out metalic dust. Can you just replace the clutch on the AC unit. DO you have directions and do you neeed speci...