1996 Volkswagen GTI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Volkswagen GTI
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Volkswagen GTI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
1996 Volkswagen GTI Questions
1.when I turn the engine off, the "battery running" buzzing sound stay on, even when the key is out of the ignition. What could be malfunctioning? 2. My right running lamp stays on when the car is off, with (Q.1)and will drain the battery, so I have to disconnect the battery terminal, h...
losses oil pressure dramatically when it gets hot. does not leak