2010 Volkswagen Golf Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Volkswagen Golf
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Air Leaks And EVAP Faults Causing Check Engine Light
- Inspect Brakes at Every Service as Rear Brakes Wear Out Quickly
2010 Volkswagen Golf Problems
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.