2005 Volkswagen Golf Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Volkswagen Golf
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Engine Overheating Due to Damaged Water Pump Impeller
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Air Leaks And EVAP Faults Causing Check Engine Light
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2005 Volkswagen Golf Problems
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
The engine may develop an overheating condition due to a damaged water pump impeller. Our technicians tell us the repair should include replacement of the water pump, thermostat, and flushing the cooling system.
2005 Volkswagen Golf Questions
I have replaced heater matrix but there is trapped air coming back up into my water tank it bubbles and overflows if i take the cap off after driver. Been told its the head but no creamy stuff on oil cap or dipstick and no white smoke. Also the air blocks from pipes have been cleared..any suggest...
How to replace the headlight of my 2005 VW golf
2005 Volkswagen Golf Recalls
Some vehicles may have a high pressure diesel pump with an incorrect fastener, which may allow the fuel to leak. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may lead to a fire. Dealers will replace the diesel pump. The recall began February 8, 2005. The Volkswagen recall number is VY.
2005 Volkswagen Golf Reviews
Purchased new, Nov 2004. Some minor repair issues (headlight replacement, driver seat malfunction, radio malfunction, all covered by bumper to bumper 50000 mile, 4 year warranty. Love the car, love the 40 to 50 mpg since purchase. I'm probably going to keep it due to up and down fuel costs.