2004 Volkswagen Golf Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Volkswagen Golf
- If cylinder head rebuilt and repalced what method to check oil pump reccommed
- When I drive my car feels as if it surges when I take my foot off the petrol
- How does one stop water getting into the distributor cap of a citi golf?
- hi.i have a vw golf2 and if i drive for 10-15 min then start to rise the tempere
- My airbag light stays on all the time. What do you think that means?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
2004 Volkswagen Golf Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
The engine may develop an overheating condition due to a damaged water pump impeller. Our technicians tell us the repair should include replacement of the water pump, thermostat, and flushing the cooling system.
2004 Volkswagen Golf Questions
Driving in traffic my car surges with acceleration and deceleration Is this perhaps dirty fuel injectors ? I have done 125000 Kls. If I am driving slowly and take my foot off the accelerator it feels as if it shuts down too quickly and then jerks when I put my foot down again.
I have a 2004 1.4i citi golf, now every time it rains water some how gets into the distributor cap and the car starts jerking and at the best of times the engine cuts out. I have tried silicon but to no avail. really need some advice please?
i have check the water pomp (is ok),the termostat is ok,i repair the head of motor and the problem is still not fixed pls helppp mee..
2004 Volkswagen Golf Recalls
Some vehicles may have a high pressure diesel pump with an incorrect fastener, which may allow the fuel to leak. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may lead to a fire. Dealers will replace the diesel pump. The recall began February 8, 2005. The Volkswagen recall number is VY.