2003 Volkswagen Golf Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Volkswagen Golf
- how much does it cost to have an OBD repaired.
- My Check Engine Light is on and engine sounds like it's struggling past 3000 RPM
- The automatic transmission was replaced by a second hand but does shift.
- how to repair water housing and the o-ring?
- I have a rear seal leak between my engine and transmission.
2003 Volkswagen Golf Problems
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
The engine may develop an overheating condition due to a damaged water pump impeller. Our technicians tell us the repair should include replacement of the water pump, thermostat, and flushing the cooling system.
2003 Volkswagen Golf Questions
Whenever it is plugged in to a code reader it just says no communications
It sounds like the engine struggles between 3000 and 4000 RPM when on the highway at about 60-75 mph. The problem does not occur until I am on the highway. It almost seems like I run out of gear and my car wont shift again to a higher gear. The steering wheel also shakes at this speed but I belie...
-On the D position the car remains with the second gear all the time; it never shifts up or down as required, except for R.