2000 Volkswagen Golf Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Volkswagen Golf
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Volkswagen Golf Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
The engine may develop an overheating condition due to a damaged water pump impeller. Our technicians tell us the repair should include replacement of the water pump, thermostat, and flushing the cooling system.
2000 Volkswagen Golf Questions
Found crack in coil pack and replaced it made little difference also replaced plugs
Appears to be a shorted sensor seems if I unplug one or more sensors it clears up
Like oxygen sensor and maf or temp sensor .
when I drive on the high way at in 5th gear I tac will read 3000rpm around 80 kmph and at 120 kmph the tac reads 4000rpm does anyone have any ideas this happens all the time does not matter if the motor is cold or warm
had no heat changed thermostat-removed panel to check heater flappers they are okay. Still very little heat. Drove car forgot to put reservoir cap on and drove the car just barely made it home it ran so bad but gauge never read over 190.
2000 Volkswagen Golf Recalls
2000 Volkswagen Golf Reviews
2000 VW Golf, TDI - July 2009, 211K miles and going but not without some issues. Low ratings on Electrical & Lights due to the cracked headlight connector and the constant need to replace the headlight bulbs probably due to overheating. Low rating on A/C due to the fact that I haven't had A/C for the past 5-years and don't have the cash to get it fixed. Love the MPG, I average 51 miles per g...