2000 Volkswagen Golf Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Volkswagen Golf
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Engine Overheating Due to Damaged Water Pump Impeller
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Loud ticking sound from engine and oil light comes on, but oil level is full
- Turns over twice then cuts out,then lights come back on but wont start
- Why does my car cut out? Red battery light appears. No one able to diagnose/ fix
- Car won't rev up and no codes and will hardly idle
- revving issues 5 speed standard
2000 Volkswagen Golf Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
The engine may develop an overheating condition due to a damaged water pump impeller. Our technicians tell us the repair should include replacement of the water pump, thermostat, and flushing the cooling system.
2000 Volkswagen Golf Questions
Battery is brand new (just bought 2 weeks ago)..car started fine on sat and then on weds battery was dead. put cables on and it juiced right up but wouldn't continue turning over to the point of starting..
Found crack in coil pack and replaced it made little difference also replaced plugs
Appears to be a shorted sensor seems if I unplug one or more sensors it clears up
Like oxygen sensor and maf or temp sensor .
2000 Volkswagen Golf Recalls
2000 Volkswagen Golf Reviews
2000 VW Golf, TDI - July 2009, 211K miles and going but not without some issues. Low ratings on Electrical & Lights due to the cracked headlight connector and the constant need to replace the headlight bulbs probably due to overheating. Low rating on A/C due to the fact that I haven't had A/C for the past 5-years and don't have the cash to get it fixed. Love the MPG, I average 51 miles per g...