1992 Volkswagen Golf Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Volkswagen Golf
- Hi Their, I can select reverse on the auto gearbox but none of the forward gears
- why does my camshaft have only fivebearing and caps? no kidding
- I have a 92 1.4 golf single point injection nd its burning to much fuel.
- Why does my car stall as sson as i put it in gear and take off?
- My manual transmission will not go into gear.
1992 Volkswagen Golf Problems
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Electrical issues that are difficult to diagnose—and sometimes intermittent—are typically due to ground wiring issues. The most troublesome ground locations are under the battery or at the engine.
1992 Volkswagen Golf Questions
will engage. the golf has over 200 000km on the odo.
My car will not go into any gears. It actually will go into reverse, but it's a hard crunch to get there. With the car turned off it shifts fine into all gears. The clutch does not slip and I replaced the clutch cable a few weeks ago. I'm lost as of now. It was shifting fine and then...