1990 Volkswagen Golf Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Volkswagen Golf
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1990 Volkswagen Golf Problems
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Electrical issues that are difficult to diagnose—and sometimes intermittent—are typically due to ground wiring issues. The most troublesome ground locations are under the battery or at the engine.
1990 Volkswagen Golf Questions
Hi there, have an old citi golf,
Problem: Starts fine, runs ok, accelerates to touch immediately, however when driving the car, after a short while it starts jerking and cuts out!
Just had full service, replaced the battery, TCI unit, fuel pump, carburator and temp sensor/sensor unit and yet...
changing timing belt
what would cause the break lights not to work or come on even though fuses have been replaced and no burnt out blubs