1990 Volkswagen Golf Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Volkswagen Golf
- What can cause my car to shut down while driving? Various times and even at stop
- When driving the car, after a short while it starts jerking and cuts out!
- my 1990(cab) city golf has a hard start,it drives for a 5-10 min then cuts power
- timing marks on 1990 vw golf 1.8
- what would cause the break lights not to work in v.w
1990 Volkswagen Golf Problems
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Electrical issues that are difficult to diagnose—and sometimes intermittent—are typically due to ground wiring issues. The most troublesome ground locations are under the battery or at the engine.
1990 Volkswagen Golf Questions
Hi there, have an old citi golf,
Problem: Starts fine, runs ok, accelerates to touch immediately, however when driving the car, after a short while it starts jerking and cuts out!
Just had full service, replaced the battery, TCI unit, fuel pump, carburator and temp sensor/sensor unit and yet...
changing timing belt
what would cause the break lights not to work or come on even though fuses have been replaced and no burnt out blubs