2006 Volkswagen Golf TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Volkswagen Golf TDI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Loss of Power Due to Oil and Carbon Build Up in Intake Manifold
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2006 Volkswagen Golf TDI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
2006 Volkswagen Golf TDI Questions
My car was in tip top condition, then I got a little knocking but went off after a few mins, then few days later it did it again, now it's on all the time , also now it's miss firing,also the knocking noise got louder, I took it in for a check up, I been told timing belt. Then injector ,...
wipers run for no reason dont have a rain sensor, but i can get them to stop when i turn on and off the rear wiper. any ideas?
2006 Volkswagen Golf TDI Recalls
The caps to disable the headlight aiming screws may be installed in the incorrect positions. The cap for the horizontal aiming screw may have been installed on the vertical aiming screw. Improperly aimed headlights could cause reduced road visibility, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will install and remove disabling caps as necessary to assure they are in their correct locations. This recall is expected to begin on October 31, 2007. The Volkswagen recall number is Q8.
2006 Volkswagen Golf TDI Reviews
the only problem I have with my 2006 golf TDI is the heater takes forever to heat up when it gets to minus 20 or more Im talking a good half hour. Anybody else ever had this problem.