2004 Volkswagen Golf TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Volkswagen Golf TDI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Loss of Power Due to Oil and Carbon Build Up in Intake Manifold
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
2004 Volkswagen Golf TDI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
2004 Volkswagen Golf TDI Questions
I've dismantled and cleaned it, but the light is still on. How do I now reset the EW code?. I've also read that you can't clean the EGR on this model of Golf, but instead have to replace it with a new valve. Is that Correct?
window wipers, horn, lights, turn lights, are not working
i change rear bearing on my golf 2004 does anyone know what is tork for it