2004 Volkswagen Golf TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Volkswagen Golf TDI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Loss of Power Due to Oil and Carbon Build Up in Intake Manifold
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- How do i change complete back winsreen wiper unit and how much will it be
- How do i replace back winsreen wiper
- anti skid light on briefly after brake repair + flat battery any connection
- My Engine Workshop light is on, on my Golf 2.0 TDi. I think its the EGR valve.
- where i can find the "convertor"box in my vw golf 1.9 tdi 2004
2004 Volkswagen Golf TDI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Oil and carbon tend to build up, creating restrictions in the intake manifold. Symptoms will be loss of power (sometimes severe) and poor fuel economy.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
2004 Volkswagen Golf TDI Questions
I've dismantled and cleaned it, but the light is still on. How do I now reset the EW code?. I've also read that you can't clean the EGR on this model of Golf, but instead have to replace it with a new valve. Is that Correct?
window wipers, horn, lights, turn lights, are not working
i change rear bearing on my golf 2004 does anyone know what is tork for it