2003 Volkswagen Golf TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Volkswagen Golf TDI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Loss of Power Due to Oil and Carbon Build Up in Intake Manifold
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
2003 Volkswagen Golf TDI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
2003 Volkswagen Golf TDI Questions
Also running a bit rough intermittently and this light comes on when it starts running rough light is not on permantly only when starts to run rough usually when engine heats up a bit.
1. Is this a common problem?
2. What should be done?