2001 Volkswagen Golf TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Volkswagen Golf TDI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Loss of Power Due to Oil and Carbon Build Up in Intake Manifold
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
2001 Volkswagen Golf TDI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
Oil and carbon tend to build up, creating restrictions in the intake manifold. Symptoms will be loss of power (sometimes severe) and poor fuel economy.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
2001 Volkswagen Golf TDI Questions
have a tdi automatic golf. Timing Belt needs replacing. what is ave cost to do this repair?
2001 Volkswagen Golf TDI Reviews
Excellent handeling, great economy and decent power for a 90hp deisel engine. Repairs though over the last ten years, I would say are higher than average and more maintenance than a gas car. This car was originally recommended by Consumer's Reports but with all the problems it was later put on the not recommended list. I have to admit that the first three years had many problems but wer taken c...