2000 Volkswagen Golf TDI Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Volkswagen Golf TDI
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Loss of Power Due to Oil and Carbon Build Up in Intake Manifold
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
2000 Volkswagen Golf TDI Problems
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
2000 Volkswagen Golf TDI Questions
I have a 2000 VW Golf TDI and cant find a plug to keep glow plugs warm to prevent cold starts. Does anyone know if they come equipped with this option?
2000 Volkswagen Golf TDI Reviews
I own a 2000 Jetta diesel,last 6 years nothing but cost & headache. Diesel engine excellent on fuel but maintenance cost is high on the engine, poor quality parts, turbocharge, exhaust system build up, valve controls failed to open or close. Would I buy another VW car not likely.