2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Volkswagen EuroVan
- Recommend an experienced shop to replace the transmission in my 2003 Eurovan?
- What is the problem with locks on 2003 Eurovan and probable repair costs?
- my 2003 eurovan keeps flashing and beeping a red oil can, we had oil changed
- we have carbon build up on the heads in our van. They want to pull the heads
- Error re my last question re eurovan.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Problems
Aging plastic components in the cooling system—including the connecting pipes to the radiator—can fail unexpectedly.
Due to the breakdown of the throw out bearing, premature clutch failure is common.
The rear brakes tend to wear out quickly; rotors may need replacement by the first brake job. Our technicians recommend that the brakes be inspected for wear regularly.
2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Questions
I'm pretty sure my sweet 03 Eurovan needs a new transmission and I think it's a tricky job to get right so I want a place with some experience with this vehicle to do the job. Can you recommend the best/most experienced shop in the west?
I'm in Marin County, and I have "warra...
The driver side exterior door handle stopped opening the door from the outside. The inside still worked fine. Shortly after (few weeks) it stopped working on the inside and the locks all engaged. When I try to open the door with the remote key thing, I have to open the car door within seconds ...
They want to pull the heads and clean it. This process is very expensive. We only have 50,000 miles and have taken very good care of this van. What would you recommend we do?
Thank you for any help you can provide. We have spend over $2,000 so far with our mechanic trying to fix this problem...
2003 Volkswagen EuroVan Reviews
I'm now driving my second Eurovan. The first one I bought as a 2003 leftover off the lot. I owned it three month before getting t-boned by a 16 year old. The impact pushed the pillar in one foot into the cabin and knocked the wheels off the passenger side. I went out and hunted down probably the last new one in the Northeast. AC went, but VW replaced it. Very reliable, but little annoyances ca...
Purchased 2003 Weekender new, this is our second Eurovan. The van has performed flawlessly! We had a temp sensor and a tie rod go out. Other than those two items, we have just done regular wear items. Needs brakes and tires every 3 to 4 years. We use it 3-4 times a year on major road trips, skiing etc. I also use full synthetic oil at specified intervals. The weak point from what I he...
My 6th vw, 2beetles, 2 vanogans and now my 2nd eurovan. 2003, 89000 miles, easy but around town miles. have the 4th transmission being installed as I write. windshield almost fell out while driving, the weather stripping started looking 'funny' then went down hill in about a month! went to buy new tires and was told size discontinued!(third set) brakes have been done three times. all services h...