2001 Volkswagen EuroVan Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Volkswagen EuroVan
- Aging plastic components in cooling system may fail unexpectedly
- Clutch may fail prematurely due to throw out bearing breakdown
- Inspect Brakes at Every Service as Rear Brakes Wear Out Quickly
- Inspect CV Boots and Joints at Each Service
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 Volkswagen EuroVan Problems
Aging plastic components in the cooling system—including the connecting pipes to the radiator—can fail unexpectedly.
Due to the breakdown of the throw out bearing, premature clutch failure is common.
The rear brakes tend to wear out quickly; rotors may need replacement by the first brake job. Our technicians recommend that the brakes be inspected for wear regularly.
2001 Volkswagen EuroVan Questions
light came on and I saw that coolant was low. had radiator flushed and refilled. now level is low again. just how much coolant goes into a eurovan
My 2001gls is idling poorly(if at all). The vehicle is under 60k miles and very clean , Had new plugs installed a month or so ago and it remedied the problem for a bit of time but not long.Wondering if it may bee a consistent sensor or electronic element failure or....? I can nbo...
The timing chain went at around 50,000 miles. The dealer qouted $4,500 for repair and 1 1/2 weeks. Almost 4 weeks later they presented me with a bill for $6,000! Plus the door handle on the driver side went. That cost me almost $400. I couldn't find either issue in the estimate section.Anyone...
2001 Volkswagen EuroVan Recalls
2001 Volkswagen EuroVan Reviews
I've not actually owned a Eurovan but I've worked on them for years and years as a technician at the VW dealer.The majority of the issues are maintenance items such as brake pad and rotor replacement , some coolant leaks and occasional electrical issues including check engine lights. Nothing really dificult to resolve. The owners love these cars for their utility , and space.I see them used for...