1999 Volkswagen EuroVan Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Volkswagen EuroVan
- Aging plastic components in cooling system may fail unexpectedly
- Clutch may fail prematurely due to throw out bearing breakdown
- Inspect Brakes at Every Service as Rear Brakes Wear Out Quickly
- Inspect CV Boots and Joints at Each Service
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
1999 Volkswagen EuroVan Problems
Aging plastic components in the cooling system—including the connecting pipes to the radiator—can fail unexpectedly.
Due to the breakdown of the throw out bearing, premature clutch failure is common.
The rear brakes tend to wear out quickly; rotors may need replacement by the first brake job. Our technicians recommend that the brakes be inspected for wear regularly.
1999 Volkswagen EuroVan Questions
The ABS light is on, and a local shop told me the ABS pump needs replacing. I was quoted about $1200 for the total cost.
My Euro Van is a Rialta Camper. It needs a tuneup but the VW dealer will not touch it. How do you acess the plugs to change them
i have a 99 euro van i have a replacment engineas i was tranfering some parts over i had to change the timing chain but i cant figure out how to adjust or what marks if any to use as guide can you help me with this or give installation details