1997 Volkswagen EuroVan Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Volkswagen EuroVan
- Aging plastic components in cooling system may fail unexpectedly
- Clutch may fail prematurely due to throw out bearing breakdown
- Inspect Brakes at Every Service as Rear Brakes Wear Out Quickly
- Inspect CV Boots and Joints at Each Service
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- My doors won't stay locked, they immediately unlock after locking, know why/fix?
- Need advice on a 1997 Eurovan ABS pump - can I replace it with something else?
- Van losing power esp on hills; sometimes jolts in/out of gear; start-up problems
- Rialta on Eurovan chassis - Down shifts at 70 MPH without accelerator pressed
- owners manual.....
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
1997 Volkswagen EuroVan Problems
Aging plastic components in the cooling system—including the connecting pipes to the radiator—can fail unexpectedly.
Due to the breakdown of the throw out bearing, premature clutch failure is common.
The rear brakes tend to wear out quickly; rotors may need replacement by the first brake job. Our technicians recommend that the brakes be inspected for wear regularly.
1997 Volkswagen EuroVan Questions
Whenever I lock the doors with key, they immediately unlock and remain unlocked. Do you know what may be causing this? It has never happened before and all of a sudden just started to act this way and does every attempt now. Suggestion(s) on how to repair?
Its a Bosch 050
Long running problems with severe loss of power, esp going up hill. We had several cylinders misfiring, so have just replaced all the ignition wires and the coil pack, which we thought would be the answer. Things have improved slightly but we still lose power going uphill once the car has warmed ...