1996 Volkswagen EuroVan Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Volkswagen EuroVan
- Aging plastic components in cooling system may fail unexpectedly
- Clutch may fail prematurely due to throw out bearing breakdown
- Inspect Brakes at Every Service as Rear Brakes Wear Out Quickly
- Inspect CV Boots and Joints at Each Service
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
1996 Volkswagen EuroVan Problems
Aging plastic components in the cooling system—including the connecting pipes to the radiator—can fail unexpectedly.
Due to the breakdown of the throw out bearing, premature clutch failure is common.
The rear brakes tend to wear out quickly; rotors may need replacement by the first brake job. Our technicians recommend that the brakes be inspected for wear regularly.
1996 Volkswagen EuroVan Questions
should I be looking at fuel pressure? pump? any other modules?
brakes apply when turbo fan comes on, going uphill, engine hot. ok going downhill.
After driving 15 hours air conditioning went out then smelled like burning then a loud noise like metal on metal sound turned off then restarted. Let cool down but will not start again is the fuel pump in the gas Tank?? Could the timming belt worn out ?? any ideas?