1993 Volkswagen EuroVan Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Volkswagen EuroVan
- Aging plastic components in cooling system may fail unexpectedly
- Clutch may fail prematurely due to throw out bearing breakdown
- Inspect Brakes at Every Service as Rear Brakes Wear Out Quickly
- Inspect CV Boots and Joints at Each Service
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1993 Volkswagen EuroVan Problems
Aging plastic components in the cooling system—including the connecting pipes to the radiator—can fail unexpectedly.
Due to the breakdown of the throw out bearing, premature clutch failure is common.
The rear brakes tend to wear out quickly; rotors may need replacement by the first brake job. Our technicians recommend that the brakes be inspected for wear regularly.
1993 Volkswagen EuroVan Questions
This eurovan has automatic trans. all systems seem to work ok. when first started. starts easy, idles fast for couple minutes, the drives normal. after driving for least 20 min, it may or may not stall when stopped, at this point it will turn over well, but not restart. been towed twice, starts e...
Water pump appear to be leaking.( See antifreeze on the ground under water pump side of engine) Also, do I need to remove the timing belt in order to replace the water pump?
It sounds like the fan is on high speed too.I disconnected the thermo switch in the radiator no change.
1993 Volkswagen EuroVan Recalls
1993 Volkswagen EuroVan Reviews
I bought my '93 Eurovan GL Automatic brand new in late '92, made in Germany and one of the first to be delivered to SoCal. Fortunately, I also bought a 7 yr. 70K mi. warranty, because I would end up needing service DOZENS of times, which would otherwise have exceeded by multiples the cost of the warranty, even though I scrupulously maintained it for scheduled maintenance. Now, at just over 100K...
i own a 93 standard trans eurovan mv. i cant figure out why the coolant light flashes but i love my van!