2005 Volkswagen Beetle Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Volkswagen Beetle
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Check Engine Light Due to Ignition Component/Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Failure
- Flasher Relay Failure Can Cause Erratic Turn Signal Operation
- Mass Air Flow Sensor May Fail
- I can not get my wife's convertible to lock in the down position.
- my 2005 turbo volkswagon new beetle will not crank
- I have a 2005 GLS turbo beetle with 37k miles. Should the timing belt be changed
- engine stalls when driving then picks back up?
- Why is my car stalling after trying to take off from an idle speed?
2005 Volkswagen Beetle Problems
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
2005 Volkswagen Beetle Questions
After having the oil and oil filter changed along with the air filter changed for some reason the car started stalling out on us and then when we could get it to go it would act as if it was dying out but with constant gas it would pick back up and keep going but it would continue to dye out and ...
We've replaced the plugs, cleaned the MAF, had it on a computer with no codes. The check engine lights don't come on and it hiccups trying to keep from stalling at an idle speed. I've had the vw dealer look at it and taken it to another mechanic. Still having problems.
2005 Volkswagen Beetle Recalls
Some vehicles may have a high pressure diesel pump with an incorrect fastener, which may allow the fuel to leak. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may lead to a fire. Dealers will replace the diesel pump. The recall began February 8, 2005. The Volkswagen recall number is VY.
2005 Volkswagen Beetle Reviews
I bought my Beetle 3 years ago used. Since I got it the back driver's side window won't work. (electical). The drivers side front window wouldn't work.(fixed). The drivers side door handle on the outside falls off. Now the door won't close. The trunk will not open. The ashtray in back fell out onto the floor. It is not neglect. It is poor workmanship. No other car I've ever owned has slowly com...