2004 Volkswagen Beetle Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Volkswagen Beetle
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Check Engine Light Due to Ignition Component/Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Failure
- Flasher Relay Failure Can Cause Erratic Turn Signal Operation
- Mass Air Flow Sensor May Fail
- why do power windows work only when they want to? Driver window will not budge
- In my convertible, the rear window goes up half way then goes back down. Why?
- power windows work only when they want to
- how much to fix power windows
- 2004 VW Beetle Convertible 2.0 L, automatic transmission. Drove for 400 miles, got oil changed. After oil change, red temp. blinking light came on. We were losing coolant. Do you think the 2 are related?
2004 Volkswagen Beetle Problems
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
2004 Volkswagen Beetle Questions
2004 Vw beetle 2.0 convertable
2004 Volkswagen Beetle Recalls
Some vehicles may have a high pressure diesel pump with an incorrect fastener, which may allow the fuel to leak. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may lead to a fire. Dealers will replace the diesel pump. The recall began February 8, 2005. The Volkswagen recall number is VY.
2004 Volkswagen Beetle Reviews
I had a 2004 New Beetle convertible with the turbo and automatic. The things I liked: very quiet on the hwy. for a small convertible, I'm 6' and I found the seats to be comfortable and plenty of leg room up front, good performance for what it is. What I did not like: power window regulator failure (rear quarter cost $750.00 to replace) - VW is known for window regulator problems, top mecha...
I bought my used 2004 Turbo S with 85,000 miles on it. I bought it because I also own a 2002 Turbo S that I love. Well the cars look almost identical but the second you get into the 2004 you can tell something is different. I looks nice, but it doesn't feel nearly as solid a car as the 2002. Actually feels downright cheap by comparison. My 2002 is a little monster in disguise on the road. It's ...