2003 Volkswagen Beetle Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Volkswagen Beetle
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Check Engine Light Due to Ignition Component/Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Failure
- Flasher Relay Failure Can Cause Erratic Turn Signal Operation
- Mass Air Flow Sensor May Fail
- car starts then automatically powers off
- How to change the spark plugs?
- I replace my fuel pump and my car is still not starting. It's turning over.
- the epc light came on and the rpms go up and down. It also has loss of power.
- Ac and coolant fans not working replaced water pump,fan control module,temp sens
2003 Volkswagen Beetle Problems
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
2003 Volkswagen Beetle Questions
Ac and coolant fans not working replaced water pump,fan control module,temp sensor, fan control switch on radiator checked all fuses both inside and on top of battery tested fans with jumper both working with jumper what else could it be
Basically she decided that she just no longer would get into reverse. Tried to shift her and while the manual shift shifted into the right position, she wanted to go forward. The stick seemed kind of mushy, though, like it wasn't catching something properly down there
2003 Volkswagen Beetle Recalls
2003 Volkswagen Beetle Reviews
never in my life have i been so infuriated with a car!!!! i havent had my 2003 vw beetle for two years and the timing belt just broke!!!!! this was right after this stupid coolant leak!!!! now i am without a damn vehicle and i JUST started my new job!!! So instead of saving for rent, now im saving for a stupid 2k fix!!!! VW should be shut down, how dare they sit there and sell these crappy cars...
We helped our daughter buy this cute little POS - the dealer we purchased it from bought it at an auction and had no idea what nightmare awaited. My daughter (21) has wanted a green bug since she was 10 years old. After we bought the car, it immediately had problems. We contacted the dealer he graciously told us to take it somewhere for evaluation, which we did. It had a cracked gas tank, a...
Never again! I purchased this car used at 74,000 miles. It now has just over 100,000 miles in the three years I've owned it. I've replaced brakes, rotors, tires, the left window, battery and ignition coil. Now I'm told I need to replace motor mounts and the gear shift - it's a stick. So, I still owe $3,000 on a car that is worth $2000 and will take another $4,000 to fix. Enough!!!