2003 Volkswagen Beetle Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Volkswagen Beetle
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Check Engine Light Due to Ignition Component/Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Failure
- Flasher Relay Failure Can Cause Erratic Turn Signal Operation
- Mass Air Flow Sensor May Fail
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2003 Volkswagen Beetle Problems
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
2003 Volkswagen Beetle Questions
gas gauge is stuck at half tank mark, what to do?
we need to replace the automatic transmission in our 03 beetle convertible 2.0 6 speed..we need to know if any transmissions from other vehicles can be interchanged with it....the code on the trans is GGZ...we are having trouble finding the exact one or even parts..any help would be Greatly appre...
we replaced two sensors and the car now shifts into 1 and 2nd but wont shift into other gears. we hooked it up to a computer and it origially showed output shaft speed sensor, so we changed two of them. what should we do now.. HELP PLEASE!!!
2003 Volkswagen Beetle Recalls
2003 Volkswagen Beetle Reviews
Never again! I purchased this car used at 74,000 miles. It now has just over 100,000 miles in the three years I've owned it. I've replaced brakes, rotors, tires, the left window, battery and ignition coil. Now I'm told I need to replace motor mounts and the gear shift - it's a stick. So, I still owe $3,000 on a car that is worth $2000 and will take another $4,000 to fix. Enough!!!
Electrical Shorts in headlamps, battery is ruined in less than a year from no recharge, Electric motors for top and windows are crap, fabric on the interior is falling off, hinge on drivers side split in two for no apparent reason, A/C unit died, Oil Plastic Dipstick crumbled into the block, Over heated and now ceased up with a blown head gasket (no temp gauge), Piece of crap! There are about t...
I have an 03 conv. and its is the biggest piece of crap ever assembled. Back glass is coming unglued and falling out, back pass window is broken (500.00 part) the power locks dont work most of the time and the tranmission is shot at 73 thou miles. DO NOT EVER PURCHASE A VW BEETLE!!!!!!!! THEY ARE JUNK!!!!!!!!