2002 Volkswagen Beetle Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Volkswagen Beetle
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Check Engine Light Due to Ignition Component/Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Failure
- Flasher Relay Failure Can Cause Erratic Turn Signal Operation
- Mass Air Flow Sensor May Fail
- Car died as I was driving. Wouldn't turn over. When it did, it died within min.
- Would a exhaust leak cause the engine code p0221
- I have a 2002 vw bug with the 1.8 turbo and I was driving and it just shuts down
- Why is coolant light on until engine gets warm. Is this normal ?
- why would headlights and wipers fail simultainously
2002 Volkswagen Beetle Problems
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
2002 Volkswagen Beetle Questions
and it just keeps on cranking and wont start but I left it for a couple days and it started for like 5 mins then died again what might be the problem
Broken grey left door handle grip
code reader says it could be a solenoid in the trans, or the control module. any ideas.
2002 Volkswagen Beetle Recalls
Volkswagen has recalled certain 1999-2002 Jetta and 1998-2002 Beetle models because a brake light switch may malfunction if incorrectly installed during a safety recall. This can cause the brake lights to become inoperative or remain on. Dealers will install the newly designed brake light switch free of charge.
2002 Volkswagen Beetle Reviews
my ac is not cooling but the compressor is running i had the refridgeant checked it is full but the guy said that it was the compressor even thou it is running he said the the pressure should be level in the compressor but it is kicking in an when iwas looking on line for prices for a compressor it said the the compressor for a vw beetle has low pressure on one side n high pressure on the other...
This 2002 New Beetle Turbo S is my second New Beetle, the first being a 2000 (no turbo) and the third a 2004 Turbo S. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy driving this car because it has a LOT more power than you would guess. And everyone who has driven it says the same. They fall in LOVE. It's a fun car to drive. However, like the other two New Beetles I have owned (the 2000 and 2004 Turbo S)...