2000 Volkswagen Beetle Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Check Engine Light Due to Ignition Component/Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Failure
- Flasher Relay Failure Can Cause Erratic Turn Signal Operation
- Mass Air Flow Sensor May Fail
- 2000 VW Beetle with 210000kms on it seems to be starting to have oil in the coo
- I have a check engine light on.
- what is the key to removing the center console of a 2000 Beetle
- what would make the Beetle sercurity shut the engine off everytime you start it?
- A mechanic replaced the air compressor and now needs the wiring diagram.
2000 Volkswagen Beetle Problems
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
2000 Volkswagen Beetle Questions
He says he can manual get it to work but not with the switches inside the car.
Drained the battery. I recharged, then took the positive cable off until I got off work.now I got into it to come home, and the car alarm went off, the low oil light, the check engine light was on, I rechecked the oil and coolant levels, the belt, I wiggled the troubled switch,(waiting on the new...
car runs good but we are trying to figure out if and when the fans are suppose to come on
2000 Volkswagen Beetle Recalls
Volkswagen has recalled certain 1999-2002 Jetta and 1998-2002 Beetle models because a brake light switch may malfunction if incorrectly installed during a safety recall. This can cause the brake lights to become inoperative or remain on. Dealers will install the newly designed brake light switch free of charge.
2000 Volkswagen Beetle Reviews
I bought my 2000 V/W beattle brand new but I had problems with it as soon as I put it on the road the coolong light come on have taking it to the dealer and so they said is fix that light is back on now I TOOK IT TO ATHENS V/W FOR OIL CHANGE THE CAR WAS GIVING ME PROBLEMS"after so many miles driven the car didn't want to start here comes and certified mechanic that my husband knows check the oi...
This is a great little car. The 2.0L 5 speed has lots of power. However the electrical system overall leaves alot to be desired, from the CEL coming on intermittently to the dashboard and interior lights wacking out. I rated the body a 3 because if lights need to be replaced, the whole front clip has to come off. HASSLE!
I LOVE my car! It has been a great run with 123,000 and counting. Yes there were some electric window issues...but an all electric model will have this after a while I'm thinking. Replacing the headlamps are an expensive pain but have only replaced them once. Heat is fantastic and air conditioning is still freezing which is a good thing! No drive train troubles, suspension, steering, exhau...