1999 Volkswagen Beetle Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Volkswagen Beetle
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- Premature Head Light Bulb Burnout and Bulb Harness Failure is Common
- Check Engine Light Due to Ignition Component/Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Failure
- Flasher Relay Failure Can Cause Erratic Turn Signal Operation
- Mass Air Flow Sensor May Fail
- What could cause my car not to start? Drove to work, fine.
- The speedameter gauge does not work. What is VSS
- Shop broke AC when replacing alternator. Why won't new battery hold charge?!
- No brake lights, does manual trans have a brake switch sensor?
- Looking to find out how come my reverse no longer works in my beetle and how to
1999 Volkswagen Beetle Problems
One or more power windows may fail. Our technicians tell us this is commonly due to a failed window regulator which will require replacement.
One or both head lights may not work due to premature head light bulb burnout and/or bulb harness failure. Care should be taken to inspect the head light harness connector for damage when replacing bulbs. Damaged connectors should be replaced.
1999 Volkswagen Beetle Questions
I've changed both bulbs and the fuse. I have blinkers, and regular lights, just no brake lights.
Can anybody help solve this VW Beetle problems, without bankruptcy! http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD9RVX4QSRjLTk03NgiNmm8j_q43Ha0tC
have replaced plug wires coil pack, maf sensor. cat is not plugged. now I have po301 cyc #1 misfire new air filter all vac hoses seem to b good have not checked egr valve
1999 Volkswagen Beetle Recalls
Volkswagen has recalled certain 1999-2002 Jetta and 1998-2002 Beetle models because a brake light switch may malfunction if incorrectly installed during a safety recall. This can cause the brake lights to become inoperative or remain on. Dealers will install the newly designed brake light switch free of charge.
1999 Volkswagen Beetle Reviews
FIRST OFF...NEGLECT..THATS what MOST of these stories are about....! Not the Vehicle...but the OWNER!!!! EVERY CAR...will have problems..thats WHY we have..PREVENTITIVE MEASURES! GET a BOOK...a GOOD BOOK..say a Bently V W Book,...read it..get to know your VW..as I did my Rifle in the Marines...it,s YOUR Friend..it takes you everywhere YOU wanna go BUT..treat it BAD..and soon..it wont like you! ...
I will NEVER buy a Volkswagen car again - this car has been the biggest financial burden of my life... I bought it used, I've had it for 6 years - it has 180,000 miles on it... it is absolutely worthless. I have a major repair on it every other month - each one costing at the very least $1000... the electrical system is completely screwed - lights and functions go out constantly. The tie rod e...
This car has always been my dream car and boy it wake me up from my dream real fast. This car will make you spend a lot of money if you're not careful. It's good for short distances but I would never drive my car from Arkansas to Texas. I've had so many problems out of my car since the day I got it. You know the old lingo "lemon" well my car is bright yellow and yes I did buy a lemon. It's a wa...